Picture Correct has a great infographic on how to become a professional photographer, with steps to take and resources for each step. I’m glad to see I can actually consider myself a professional photographer after looking at it!
The major sections they address, with many details within, are:
- Decide what kind of photographer you want to become
- Improve your skills and portfolio
- Build and refine your portfolio
- Getting a photography job
- Becoming a small business owner
The infographic was provided by wedding photographer Robert Sail, at http://www.robertsail.co.uk/