I recently created a gallery on Fine Art Americato allow people to purchase prints, cards, etc. of some of my photographs. I first researched various such POD (Print On Demand) sites, and selected this one because:
– You keep ownership of your photos
– You set the profit you make for each order
– It’s only $30 a year to place unlimited photos
– It seemed to have good flow and generally good user reviews.
– You can “sponsor” pages by having links to search pages from your website, which in theory prioritizes your photo to the third line of the search results. Though of course with popular searches you really just get a higher chance to be on that third line, we’ll see how well that works out…
At any rate, it’s an intriguing next steps to my photography adventures, so we’ll see how that goes… You bet if I sell something I’ll be all sorts of excited and you’ll hear from me here… If you have had experience with Fine Art America I’d love to hear of your experience, please drop me a comment, thanks!